Super Robot Wars X-Ω (スーパーロボット大戦X-Ω Sūpā Robotto Taisen Kurosu Omega, "Super Robot Wars Cross Omega"), shortened as "SupCroΩ" (スパクロΩ SupaKuroΩ) or "SupaKuro", is a game from the Super Robot Wars series released for iOS and Android mobile systems by Bandai Namco on October 5, 2015. It is free to play, but money is required for specific in-game items. The game's server was shutdown on March 30, 2021. Afterwards, a final update that will convert the app into an offline version was distributed for a limited time up to June 30, 2021. The offline version is an archive containing the main scenario, some event scenarios, player data and a list of units obtained by the player. Only text and audio is available offline, graphics requiring to be downloaded until June 30, 2021.
The game was officially announced at the "2nd SupaRobo Channel" delivered on July 24, 2015. It is the second social game in the Super Robot Wars series, following the 2012 game Super Robot Wars Card Chronicle. Development and management was handled by Sega, and B.B. Studio participated in supervision and scenario production.
Having Chain Chronicle as basis, the main game mode is a tower defense set in four lines where the player uses units to protect the battleship from the enemy units coming the left side of the screen. Later other game modes were included, such as Conquest Mode and Arena Mode. The game was also frequently updated, including new gameplay elements such as voiceovers and new series.
Quest (クエスト) is the main game mode, a tower defense system similar to Sega's Chain Chronicle. The player uses Battle Units to protect the Battleship from the enemy units coming the left side of the screen in the four lines. The player's team can contain up to seven units, with five active and two reserves. Four active units are selected by the player, with the fifth unit being only available a helper from other players. The two sub-units stay inside the battleship until one active unit is defeated or switch places. Sending an unit inside the battleship will allow it to slowly recover HP. The player wins by defeating all enemies, and loses if the battleship is destroyed.
- Story (ストーリー) - The main scenario. As the player progress, new battleships and parts become available in the M Trader.
- Unit Quest (ユニットクエスト) - A quest set for each battle unit. By clearing the scenario the player can acquire abilities for the unit. Unit Quests become available when the corresponding battle unit reaches a certain level. In version 2.5.1 it was changed to Unit Scenario (ユニットシナリオ).
- Challenge (チャレンジ) - Difficult missions that are unlocked as the player progress in the main scenario.
- Weekly (曜日) - The player can play on daily quests to receive extra content such as enhancement materials and funds.
- Event (イベント) - Limited time event quests.
Other game modes
- Arena (アリーナ)
- Battle Mode (戦闘モード) - Game mode added on version 2.0.1. The player can set up five units freely withot cost restrictions in a 3x3 space, with the 3 squares in the front giving an attack bonus and the three in the middle giving an armor bonus. Wins the player that defeats all units from other player. The battle system of this mode is called "VS Battle Mode", and the Skills, Spitit Commands, and other contents are different in this mode. In addition to getting prizes for each ranking every week, the player can also save medals acquired in battles to exchange for items.
- Defense Setting (防衛設定) - If a competitive player wants to defend the position in the ranking, a defense team can be set to be the team other players will face when found by them. In this case, besides the five units, it is also possible to include a special "Guardian Unit". When the opponent receives an attack, a gauge will fill, and when full, the Guardian Unit will appear in the battle and use its special skill without the need of cores. In Defense Log, the name of the opponents and the result of the battle (victory / defeat) fought by the defense team are displayed, and it is also possible to challenge listed players. The default team is weak, so competitive players have to improve the defense, while non-competitive players tend to leave a single weak unit to help other players.
- Conquest Mode (戦闘モード) - A single player game mode added on version 2.0.1. Friend intervention is not possible, but it is also impossible to use continues. The player selects a battleship and lands on a planet to
It is possible to freely browse what kind of organization other players have cleared the stage.
- Conquest (VS) (征覇（VS）) - Mode include on April 2017. Also uses the VS Battle Mode system from the Arena.
- Fight Mode (闘滅モード) - A mode that uses the VS Battle Mode system. The player selects a battleship and lands on a planet, moving in the map to search for items and enemies.
- Fighting Exercise (撃退演習) - A mode that becomes available periodically, with multiple players participating. The player selects a team with up to 20 units to fight against one of the enemy forces. The battle is automatic, and the player is rewarded depending on his performance.
The units controlled by the player in battles, such as Mazinger Z, Strike Gundam, etc. The battle units are classified in five attribute: Attacker, Defender, Shooter, Fighter, and Blaster. They are also classified with different types of rarity and attributes. As the same unit with the same pilot can have different versions, there is a variety of units available. Each unit has a cost to be included in the team, and generally units with a higher cost are more powerful. However, if the total cost exceeds the limit, as penality the abilities of all units in the team will go down by the same amount as exceeded cost value, and the effect of Support Units will be disabled. The maximum cost increases as the player's rank rises.
- Attacker - Units marked with a red fist. Generally have high attack power and mobility. Cause extra damage to Defender type units, but take more damage from Shooter type units.
- Defender - Units marked with a blue shield. Usually have high armor and defensive skills. Give more damage to Shooter type units, but receives more damage from Attacker type units.
- Shooter - Units marked with a yellow sight. These units mainly use ranged attacked, but they are also able to fight at short range. Strong against Attacker type units, but weak against Defender type units.
- Fighter - An attribute included in version 2.0.1. Its symbol is a purple fist and shield. Basically an enhanced combination of Attacker and Defender that can use cores of any color. Has no weak or strong points against Attacker, Defender, and Shooter units, but takes and gives more damage against Blaster units.
- Blaster - An attribute included in version 2.0.1. Its symbol is a white pistol. Basically an enhanced version of Shooter that can use any core. Additionally, attacks from Blaster units usually have the ability to push enemies, even if only slightly. Like Fighter, is neutral to the three basic attributes, but is both weak and strong against Fighter units.
- Special Skill (必殺スキル Hissatsu Sukiru) - A special move whose effect and cost depends on the unit. When enemies and allies are destroyed, a red, blue, or yellow core will appear. The skill can be used when a specific amount of cores is available. There are also rainbow colored core that appears when the units are of the Fighter or Blaster attributes, and they can be used by any unit. By using skills from different units without repeating a previous one, a Cross Combo (クロスコンボ) occurs, increasing the power of the skill. When the fifth unit in the combo uses a skill, it becomes an Omega Cross (オメガクロス), highly increasing the attack power and, when used by some units, also displaying a special cut-in.
- Ω Skill - Improved version of Special Skills implemented on version 3.0. Activated by consuming twice as many cores as the Special Skill requires, having a dedicated CG cut-in when used. Only available to units with [Ω] on their names, and when available, the activation button changes to an "Ω" symbol.
- XΩ Skill - A Special Skill performed alongside other unit. Both units must have the same XΩ Skill to perform it.
- Spirit Commands - Each unit has three Spirit Commands available, and the player can select one of them before battles. Generally the selected command can be used only once per battle. In VS Battle Mode the command can be used any number of times, but it has a cooldown period to be used again. Each Spirit Command has an experience gauge, and when the gauge is full, it becomes an Ω type Spirit Command.
Each Battle Unit can have one Support Unit equipped to obtain extra effects such as increased Attack Power, improved movement speed, etc. Effects vary depending on the Support Unit. There are no restrictions to Support Units, being possible to even include a Support Unit that is the same as the Battle Unit's pilot.
At the beginning of the quest it will raise the abilities of the ally units with a skill, and it can accommodate damaged units to gradually recover the unit's HP and replace with other units. The player is defeated if a Battleship's HP becomes zero.
- Enhancement (強化) - Besides gaining experience in battles, a Battle Unit can gain experience by using money and giving unneeded units and enhancement materials. The higher the rarity of the Battle Unit or material given, the higher the experience obtained.
- Limit Break (限界突破) - By using identical Battle Units (same name, pilot, and rarity) or speficic enhancement materials, the upper limit of the unit's level is increased by 5, and the upper limit of Customizations by 1. Limit Break can be done four times per unit. After version 2.0.1 it became possible to use Limit Break with units of different attributes, such as an Attacker unit being able to use an identical Shooter unit, but unique traits from that unit will be lost. If an identical unit isn't available, Limit Break can be done with "Limit Break Materials" (限界突破素材).
- Customization (改造) - The player can increase the Battle Unit's HP, Attack Power, Armor, and Mobility. Unlike the conventional appearance in the series, it consumes dedicated resources instead of funds, green cubes called Customization Materials (改造資材). By breaking the unit's limit four times, the amount of customizations that can be done increases, and when fully customized, the text "Full Customization Completed" (フル改造完了) appears and the unit can gain a Full Customization Bonus.
- M Trader (Mトレーダー) - The player can obtain new Battleships and Customization Parts by using four types of materials: R, G, B, and Y.
- Enhancement Parts (強化パーツ) - An enhancement system similar to the one in most games in the series. Parts can be obtained and enhanced in the M Trader, with different parts becoming available by advacing in the story. Each unit can equip a specific amount of parts, depending of their cost. If the cost exceeds the unit's capacity, it cannot be equipped. Parts are onlt valid in the normal quest modes, with V Parts being their counterpart to the VS Mode.
- V Parts (Vパーツ) - While similar, V Parts have some differences from the Enhancement Parts. Each is set for one part of the unit's body, and the unit can gain bonuses by equipping specific unit sets.
- Pilot Parts (パイロットパーツ) - PP for short. An element included in version 2.0.1. By equipping the PP of the corresponding pilot to a compatible unit, the appearance of the pilot and his Spirit Commands will change. If a Battle Unit with a PP is set as the team's leader, the pilot will also have a Leader Skill that affects all team members. Also, some PPs are voiced and/or have animations. Only SSR units can equip PPs, and it is free to equip them, but it costs an amount of money to remove them. They are obtained by exchanging Pilot Chips or as rewards in events.
- Rarity Awakening (レアリティ覚醒) - An unit acquisition system implemented in version 2.0.1. While the rarity of units are mainly C, UC, R, SR, and SSR, the player can exchange a "R+ Chip" for a "R+" Battle Unit. When the unit reaches its maximum level, it can be enhanced with Cells, increasing its rarity and maximum level. The unit starts as R+ and is improved to R++, SR+, SR++, and lastly a SSR unit. This type of unit cannot be sold until it becomes a SSR unit, and when it becomes a SSR unit, its level resets to 1, but its attributes will improve. Note that the unit cost also increases alongside the rarity. When the unit becomes SSR, it is considered complete and a login bonus starts, with a new R+ Chip being available as the last day login to be exchanged for other unit.
- Super Robot Wars X-Ω official site (Japanese)
- Super Robot Wars X-Ω official Twitter (Japanese)
- Super Robot Wars X-Ω official wiki (Japanese)
- Super Robot Wars X-Ω official site
- Fighting Exercise video in YouTube