|<-- Previous||Series||Next -->|
|Super Robot Wars IV||Classic Series||Super Robot Wars F Final|
Super Robot Wars F (スーパーロボット大戦F) is a Japanese tactics RPG originally released on September 25, 1997 for the Sega Saturn. It was later ported to the Playstation on December 10, 1998.
There are two separate paths in the game - one for Real Robots and one for Super Robots. The main character pilots a Gespenst in both of them, however, its stats differ - in the Real path, the Gespenst has more Agility, Limit and Mobility, while in the Super Robot path it will have more HP and Armor, as well as the ability to fly.
The storyline of the game continues in the sequel, Super Robot Wars F Final.
- The Unchallengeable Daitarn 3
- Aura Battler Dunbine
- Space Runaway Ideon (debut)
- Heavy Metal L-Gaim
- Super Electromagnetic Robo Combattler V
- Sengoku Majin GoShogun
- Super Beast Machine God Dancouga
- Aim For The Top! (debut)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (debut)
Saturn vx. Playstation Differences
- Super Robot Wars F and its sequel were first released on the Sega Saturn and were later ported to the Playstation. Changes to the Playstation version include: 
- Several bugfixes, including removing a glitch that had the potential to destroy the game's save file.
- Changes in music quality. A few tracks would be redone or replaced entirely. Notably, the Original Generation franchise uses the original Saturn versions.
- When a berserk EVA-01 attacked in the Saturn version, a pixelated, enlarged version of its normal sprite would creep onto the screen before attacking. In the Playstation version, this is replaced with a non-SD image of EVA-01 howling.
- During intermissions, the map is rendered in 3D in the PSX version; it is sprite-based on the Saturn.