Mega Man (also written as MegaMan and Megaman), known as Rockman (ロックマン Rokkuman ) in Japan and other Asian countries, is a video game franchise created by Capcom in 1987. It is one of Capcom's best selling video game series, having over 50 games for multiple systems separated in seven series: Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Battle Network, and Mega Man Star Force. Except for the Mega Man Zero series, each series contains a protagonist with the name or title of Mega Man.
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the franchise, the original Mega Man series was featured in Super Robot Wars X-Ω in an event from January 2018, where several characters became available as playable units.
Mega Man characters that appeared in Super Robot Wars games.
- Mega Man / Rockman (ロックマン) - The titular character, a humanoid robot created by Dr. Light as an assistant. To prevent Dr. Wily's evil ambitions, he asked to be remodeled as a battle robot that can obtain the power of his opponents. As Mega Man, he is a super robot who confronted and stopped Dr. Wily's attempts to conquer the world many times and has continued to protect the world peace each time.
- Roll (ロール) - Mega Man's sister, a humanoid robot developed by Dr. Light to assist with household chores.
- Proto Man / Blues (ブルース) - A prototype robot developed by Dr. Light. After learning that there is a defect in his power unit, his whereabouts became unknown to his creator. Afterwards, even though he was caught by Dr. Wily and remodeled as a battle robot, he disappeared again. After that he watches Mega Man's battles from the shadows.
- Dr. Light / Dr. Right (ライト博士) - A genius scientist that known as the father of robotics that developed a variety of robots for peaceful purposes. He also created Rock and Roll. Unfortunately, many of his creations were reprogrammed by Dr. Wily to be used as weapons. While absent in Super Robot Wars, he is mentioned a few times.
- Dr. Wily (Ｄｒ．ワイリー) - An evil scientist who plans to conquer the world. Even though he developed a number of powerful combat robots for his plans to conquer the world, he was stopped by Mega Man each time.
- Bass / Forte (フォルテ) - A Special Wily Number battle robot developed by Dr. Wily based on Mega Man, having similar abilities. He targets Mega Man in order to prove that he is the strongest robot in the world. Bass can combine with his canine support Treble to become the powerful Super Bass (Super Forte).
- Treble / Gospel (ゴスペル) - A wolf-like support robot that assists Bass in battles. While Treble himself did not appear in Super Robot Wars, Bass calls him to transform into Super Bass.
- Metal Man (メタルマン) - A battle robot developed by Dr. Wily based on Cut Man and the first Wily Number created by Wily. He hunts down Mega Man with his agility and his Metal Blades made of Ceratanium.
- Air Man (エアーマン) - A combat robot developed by Dr. Wily. A robot with a characteristic form, with a propeller attached to the chest. With his weapon, Air Shooter, he pushes back Mega Man with strong winds that are difficult to avoid.
- Bubble Man (バブルマン) - The first underwater dedicated humanoid robot developed by Dr. Wily. He moves by jumping due to the waterproof process making him unable to walk. His weapon is Bubble Lead, a bouncing bubble.
- Quick Man (クイックマン) - A battle robot developed by Dr. Wily. He was based on Elec Man and boasts high mobility. His agile movements leave enemies at the mercy of his Quick Boomerang.
- Crash Man / Clashman (クラッシュマン) - A battle robot that Dr. Wily made with a robust body to withstand blasts from his weapon, Crash Bomber / Clash Bomb. He has a rough personality and gets out of control when angry.
- Flash Man (フラッシュマン) - A battle robot developed by Dr. Wily. He is equipped with Time Stopper, a system that temporarily stops time. He finishes enemies while their movements are stopped.
- Heat Man (ヒートマン) - A battle robot that Dr. Wily developed based on Fire Man. By using the excellent heat resistance from his body and his Special Weapon, Atomic Fire, he can engulf himself with flames and launch himself forward.
- Wood Man (ウッドマン) - A battle robot developed by Dr. Wily. He boasts the highest defensive power among Wily's eight combat robots due to his robust body made completely of natural wood with a special coating and his Leaf Shield.