Full Metal PanicEdit
Full Metal Panic! (フルメタル·パニック!, Furumetaru Panikku!?, often abbreviated to FMP!) is an ongoing series of light novels written by Shoji Gatoh and illustrated by Shiki Douji. The series follows Sousuke Sagara, a member of the covert anti-terrorist private military organization known as Mithril, tasked with protecting Kaname Chidori, a spirited Japanese high school girl.
Individual chapters are published on Monthly Dragon Magazine, followed by a paperback compilation released by Fujimi Shobo's Fujimi Fantasia Bunko. The novels are split between stories focusing on Sousuke's mission as a soldier of Mithril and comedic side stories centered on his life at Jindai High School.
The series has been adapted into different media; including three animated television series: Full Metal Panic! by Gonzo in 2002, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid by Kyoto Animation in 2003 and 2005 respectively. An OVA was also released in 2006; and five different manga series.
Tokyopop licensed the novels for English-language publication in North America and released parts of the series, while ADV Films licensed and dubbed the first season and the spinoff, and released them in North America and the United Kingdom. The second season was licensed by Kadokawa Pictures USA and Funimation Entertainment. Mandalay Pictures acquired the film rights to the series in 2009. At Anime USA 2009, Funimation announced that it had acquired the rights to the first and second series of Full Metal Panic and both will be re-released remastered on DVD & Blu-ray in 2010. 
The main story develops its characters carefully, and is the shadow or "unusual" events of the protagonist's life. These stories feature the mercenary group Mithril, their mobile base/submarine, called the TDD-1 Tuatha De Danaan, giant humanoid powered suits called Arm Slaves, and the various missions to which Sousuke Sagara is assigned. A highlight of the series is a serious and semi-realistic view of humanoid robotic weapons on the battlefield. The Arm Slave has significant consideration in its portrayal, with explanations given for its power source, operations, maintenance and pilot user interface. The existence of such advanced weaponry and equipment is explained through Black Technology.
Super Robot Wars JEdit
Super Robot Wars WEdit
In W, FMP's story begins with Sosuke's introduction to the class, and the beginning of his mission. After school, he follows Kaname to downtown (in G-Island City) as she hangs out with her friends, and runs into Mamoru Amani, Hana Hatsuno and her enormous dog Yosef. Sosuke pulls a gun on Yosef when he gets too friendly with Kaname, and she slaps him for it and runs off, where she encounters the Zondarian Penchinon, who is targeting Mamoru, but sends the Zondar Robo after her first when she gets in his way. A group of Federation soldiers in M6 Bushnells and Birdman flying Power Armor scramble to intercept, but only get controlled by the Zonder. Mao and Kurz, their Arm Slaves equipped with devices that prevent them from being taken over, engage the suborned mecha with the help of GGG member Volfogg. They hold off the enemy long enough for HoRyu, EnRyu, and Gao Gai Gar to deploy, at which point Kurz and Mao withdraw. As the situation escalates with the assault of Baron Ashura and the Mechanical Beast forces of Dr. Hell, Volfogg calls on the Special Response Team (who were actually using ECS to wait in reserve) again to help defuse a hostage situation.
- M6 Bushnell
- M9 Gernsback
- ARX-7 Arbalest
- M9D Falke
- Rk-92 Savage
- Zy-98 Shadow
- C3-5 Mistral II
- Plan-1056 Codarl
- Plan-1051 Behemoth
- The organization Amalgam seems to have some measure of cooperation with the Marimeia Army. Gauron targets the plane Kaname's class is in not only for Kaname, but for Relena Darlian as well. a number of Serpent Mobile Suits and Chang Wufei in the Gundam Altron are deployed to defend the base from the combined Mithril/GGG attack. During the Bloody Valentine War, they also work with the criminal organization BioNet and the Martian Successors. Leonard also attempts to deal with the Database.
- After Kaname's rescue, Mithril agrees to join with GGG, the Space Knights, and Preventer. They form the organization Warter. Warter is disbanded after their space combat capabilities are crippled trying to stop the Bloody Valentine Incident, but reform six months later
- Kaname's school is located in or near G-Island City. With the Warter basing their operation from GGG headquarters (in the center of the city), members of the organization still attending High School (Kouji Kabuto and the Getter Robo team, for example) are transferred there. Mission 12 of the game involves the School's Cultural Festival, Sousuke being asked to ensure that no delinquents from other schools can ruin it, and his measures of securing the school grounds being enough to stop a Mechanical Beast/Galra Empire invasion. This mission and Mission 13 is altered depending on whether or not it's the first or second playthrough of the game, and subsequent playthroughs allowing the player to choose with version of the missions they want to go through (The first involves the Rugby team in Bonta-Kuns, then a battle for the Nadesico's computer system while the second includes the Nadesico's Captain pageant, Baron Ashura disguising itself as Professor Yumi (an incident in Mazinkaiser) then the Rugby team taking on the Nerima Red Dragons and the Zonderian Pizza).
- During the Behemoth incident, A21 deploys several Arm Slaves, Mobile Suits, and Birdmen in additon to the Behemoth. Seina manages to deploy in a Zy-98 "Shadow", and survives the destruction of the Arm Slave. She ends up traveling for a while alongside Wufei during the Marimeia Army's attack, and afterwards when he joins the Shahaku faction in Orb. She assists Cagalli Athha and Quatre Raberba Winner in helping the Archangel battle Andrew Waltfield, and fights alongside them to protect Sousuke and Kaname when they're attacked in the desert by Gauron and Zaied. She returns to Orb, where she falls in battle during the Earth Federation's invasion while helping Wufei escape.
- The "Poniman" incident from Fumoffu is expanded into a full-fledged battle, when Kaname enlists the help of the Mazinger and Getter crews, and BioNet turns the Poniman into a copy of Zonder Robo EI-02 (which happens to have a horse's head) in an attempt to kidnap Kaname. Like Missions 12 and 13, this is also different between the first and second playthroughs.
- Sousuke's battle with Zaied and his capture of Gauron are condensed to a single mission. The plane that Sousuke and Kaname were taking to a Mirthril base is shot down over Northern Africa, but they are rescued by Seina, Quatre, and Cagalli as mentioned above. The members of the reformed Neue Warter also showup when the Amalgam forces deploy Behemoths, while Sousuke is forced into battle with Zaied. After Zaied's death, Gauron shows up in a Codarl to taunt Sousuke and fight against him.
- Gauron's takeover of the Tuatha De Danaan is complicated by a ZAFT Naval fleet. During the confusion, Tessa and Kaname are kidnapped by BioNet agent Gimlet, who delivers them to the Martian Successors. They take the two Whispered to Orb, then from there to the Moon and eventually Mars.
- Xia Yu Lan is killed by Martian Successor assassins, rather than Leonard's Arm Slave.
- Sousuke's final confrontations with Yu Fan, Gates, and Gauron are on the Moon.
- When the Martian Successors are defeated on Mars, Kaname and Tessa are kidnapped (again) by the Database. Tessa is eventually rescued at their base near Jupiter, but takes an assault on their main Knowledge Plant on Pluto before Sousuke can rescue Kaname.